Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project I'm setting up RetroPie (again) – ps3 from the start or?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    imnew
    Participant

Hi – I’m setting up for the 3rd time now (ace….)

I’m wondering if there’s anything that I’m meant to do from the start with the PS3 controller? I’ve heard various things about PS3 not working in the latest version and stuff, is this true?

I have a bluetooth dongle as well as wired and a Powered Hub.

Which option is best? Bluetooth / Wired?

Tutorials seem to be for bluetooth, but that’s what some people seem to be saying has broken so…??

I’ve dd’d the image onto the SD card, so now I’m going to

* Boot up
    * Expand the image to use the full SD card
    * apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
    * Update the binaries

Basically follow the set up wiki

But I never got the controller working before, if there are any tips on that front it’d be great.

cheers

n-marek
    Participant

I got mine working over Bluetooth (with ASUS BT dongle). There are still some issues with it, but it works…
    I assume you have the latest RetroPie version. I struggled with the v1… but the new one works for me.
    You can set up your PS3 over BT just from RetroPie setup
    cd RetroPie-Setup/
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    I think under Advance, there is the PS3 option.

But overall, wire is probably easier with less issues… Maybe it’s just me.

imnew
    Participant

[quote=82077]I got mine working over Bluetooth (with ASUS BT dongle). There are still some issues with it, but it works… I assume you have the latest RetroPie version. I struggled with the v1… but the new one works for me. You can set up your PS3 over BT just from RetroPie setup cd RetroPie-Setup/ sudo ./retropie_setup.sh I think under Advance, there is the PS3 option.
    But overall, wire is probably easier with less issues… Maybe it’s just me.
    [/quote]

Cheers n-marek; I set it up with the latest version of RetroPie this time (rather than 1.10…)

I’ll have a little look at it now, but I tried setting it up the other day with the options in the emulation stations main menu and it was really hit and miss.

I didn’t try the advanced options though, I’ll try that now.

imnew
    Participant

[quote=82077]There are still some issues with it, but it works… I assume you have the latest RetroPie version. I struggled with the v1… but the new one works for me. .
    [/quote]

Hey, I just tried to set it up and I can’t connect via bluetooth – I keep getting the error :

Bad Sixaxis buffer (out of battery?)

Is the same issue that you had with it by using it through bluetooth?

I’m not sure how to connect with it wired; If I try and run this set up with the controller connected directly it doesn’t do anything.

Does it need to be synced via this interface to do it wired or should I just reboot, disconnect the bluetooth dongle from the pi and wire it directly?

nice one :)

n-marek
    Participant

I’ve never seen that error, so not sure what it means. What BT dongle do you have? Before I bought my Asus I tried it with some super cheap one from China and it was a problem too.
    Here is a list of BT adapters (not sure how old it is…)
    http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Bluetooth_adapters

bobbyt
    Participant

On a side note…

I’m using wireless Xbox 360 controllers.

The one downfall I do see is there is a slight delay with wireless,

It’s made some games a bit harder than I remember them, but I do prefer the wireless…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.