Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hechtersheim
    Participant

Hello,

I connected my raspberry pi with an ILI9325 LCD. I took the instructions on how to connect it from this page: Raspberry Pi micro arcade machine

Now when I start the RPi, I see the console and then the splashscreen, but when emulationstation starts, the display turns black. If I connect an hdmi monitor I will see emulationstation on the monitor, but I will still have a black screen on the LCD.

Can emulationstation only be displayed on the standart video outputs of the RPi?

roquen
    Participant

Can emulationstation only be displayed on the standart video outputs of the RPi?

Yes. I have no problems with using the composite video output. I have an old television I saved from a dumpster that I use composite video for. No issues.

You may need to force the video output to composite, though since you see the boot screen, it shouldn’t, but maybe it is trying to send the output to HDMI after it loads.

sudo raspi-config --> Advanced Settings --> force composite output

hechtersheim
    Participant

I don’t have this option in raspi-config. The only thing I can change is the overscan in the advanced settings menu.

roquen
    Participant

add/edit these lines in your raspi-config.txt

# Force composite with NTSC 4:3 video output
    sdtv_mode=0
    sdtv_aspect=1
    hdmi_ignore_hotplug=1

mode: this forces NTSC

aspect: This forces the output to be 4:3
    2 is 14:9 and 3 is 16:9

ignore_hotplug: this forces composite mode even if it thinks (or actually does) see an HDMI connection

roquen
    Participant

I totally misread your post. Let me retract my suggestion and give you a better one.

Ignore my previous suggestion entirely, I apparently completely forgot how to read today.

Can you run a game from the command-line? As in, does your emulator execute and display properly?

Edit: Extra Questions:

Do you see the white dot in the center of the screen when it boots to emulation station?

hechtersheim
    Participant

Yes I can remember that I saw a white dot after the splashscreen. I will test running a game from the command line, but it will take me some time to setup my raspberry pi again, because I desoldered the screen.

roquen
    Participant

if you see the white dot but nothing else, OpenGL is failing for some reason.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.