I am running retropie on an RPi2 (installed via the IMG file). I’d like to add cheats to AdvMAME but have yet to figure out how to do it. I’ve been searching for two weeks now but for some reason just can’t find someone with a correct solution. If someone could point me in the correct direction it would be greatly appreciated.
1) start in the advancemame directory cd ~/.advance
2) download the cheat file wget http://cheat.retrogames.com/download/cheat126.zip
3) extract it unzip cheat126.zip
4) edit your the rc file (either advmame-0.94.0.rc or advmame-1-2.rc) nano advmame-0.94.0.rc
5) find where it says misc_cheat, and enable the option misc_cheat yes
6) while in an advancemame game, press tab to bring up the cheat menu which is now available.
Necessary and Functional
These cookies are placed to make it possible to analyze this website (with Google Analytics) and optimize for the purpose of a.o. the usability.
Cookie names: _ga, _gat, _gid
These cookies are placed to show advertisements (of Google AdSense) and to get these close to your interest.
Cookie names: id, IDE, FLC, DSID, SNID, NID
These cookies are required to show the cookie notification bar, remember your cookie acceptance choice and apply this choice.
Cookie names: privacy_embeds, wpca_consent, woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, wp_woocommerce_session_, wp-settings-1, wp-settings-time-1