Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Errors with 'Expand Filesystem' and 'sudo apt-get update'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rihawk
    Participant

Here’s what I have:
    Raspberry Pi 2 model B
    8GB SD card
    RetroPie v2.6

Everything works fine to start, I get passed the RetroPie splash screen to ES, and then when I press f4 and do the sudo raspi-config like every tutorial tells me to, I get to the menu, but when I select ‘Expand Filesystem’, the console starts doing things really quickly and then it immediately takes me to a screen that says: “There was an error running option 1 Expand Filesystem” with ‘ok’ at the bottom so I can go back to the config menu. So because of this I am unable to actually see what the error was.

Also, I don’t know if this is related, and it may be, but whenever I try the Sudo apt-get update, I get an error at the end of reading the packages saying `Encountered a section with no Package: header
    Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
    The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened`

tendonut
    Participant

Run the following commands and use pastebin.com to post the response
    cat /var/log/messages | grep EXT4-fs
    cat /var/log/messages.1 | grep EXT4-fs

messages.1 may not exist yet, so if it doesn’t, just skip that.

sovvy
    Participant

Here’s what I have:
    Raspberry Pi 2 model B
    32GB Class 4 SD card
    RetroPie v2.6

I am having the exact same issues as rihawk. I just got the pi and put raspbian img on the sd card and booted it, did the apt-get update and upgrade commands and then flash the 2.6 of retropie to mess around with it.

I am brand new to this world so I might have missed a step with getting a new pi but figured I’d post here to see if there was a fix.

I’m sorry tendonut, I do not know how to pastebin yet, but I will look it up and give you what you asked.

tendonut
    Participant

Pastebin is just a website you can copy/paste large amounts of text to and have it generate you a link (www.pastebin.com). That way, it doesn’t fill up the forums with poorly formatted copypasta.

Floob

Can you confirm you are using the image for Pi 2, not Pi 1?

https://www.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/

luigi-freguglia
    Participant

I’m having the same, I have rpi2 with v3b4 installed and I have exactly the same problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.