Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I had a few issues with large Sim City cities (sound chopping and lag spikes), however when I set my PI to 420p. Yes emulationstation may look ugly and you have to resize covers but damn it increased the performance of ALL emulators and gaames. Yoshi Island runs at 100% also.

kitchuk
    Participant

Yeah it does make emulators run better but I noticed when output is at 480p there is about 5% cut off on the screen. It’s as if the image being displayed is zoomed in ever so slightly. It still does this after I tried changing the aspect ratio on the TV settings. Did you notice this? Try loading up Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening for Gameboy and you can notice away when you start playing the game.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=2882]Yeah it does make emulators run better but I noticed when output is at 480p there is about 5% cut off on the screen. It’s as if the image being displayed is zoomed in ever so slightly. It still does this after I tried changing the aspect ratio on the TV settings. Did you notice this? Try loading up Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening for Gameboy and you can notice away when you start playing the game. [/quote]

yep, same problem here, I miss some of the bottom & top. (with keeping aspect ratio) :-/

kitchuk
    Participant

Does anyone have a fix for this annoyance?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=2881]Hello, I had a few issues with large Sim City cities (sound chopping and lag spikes), however when I set my PI to 420p. Yes emulationstation may look ugly and you have to resize covers but damn it increased the performance of ALL emulators and gaames. Yoshi Island runs at 100% also.[/quote]

The settings for Emulation Station that come with the RetroPie Script use the script runcommand.sh (https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/supplementary/runcommand.sh). This script, in turn, makes use of the tool tvservice that also changes the screen resolution to VGA (640×480) when a ROM is started.

You suggest to change the resolution of Emulation Station itself (before a game is started)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=2924]

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>alexbleks wrote:</div>
    Hello, I had a few issues with large Sim City cities (sound chopping and lag spikes), however when I set my PI to 420p. Yes emulationstation may look ugly and you have to resize covers but damn it increased the performance of ALL emulators and gaames. Yoshi Island runs at 100% also.

The settings for Emulation Station that come with the RetroPie Script use the script runcommand.sh (https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/supplementary/runcommand.sh). This script, in turn, makes use of the tool tvservice that also changes the screen resolution to VGA (640×480) when a ROM is started.

You suggest to change the resolution of Emulation Station itself (before a game is started)?
    [/quote]

Yes, but your idea is even better I think except that it takes a few seconds to switch resolution on my TV.

I will try it, thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.