Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes how to make the box art bigger..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    spanner
    Participant

…Its way to small and you can’t see the box art properly,In Mega CD(SegaCD in US) I am using the pal uk box art..if anyone wants the images i have, I will upload them and help add them..??

phrazelle
    Participant

box art is controlled by the md_image value in the individual emulator’s xml file. setting a larger maxSize in the mega cd theme.xml file should allow for the image to be shown at a larger scale.

<image name="md_image">
    			<maxSize>0.125 0.301</maxSize>
    		</image>
    nilsbyte
    Participant

I have set the maximum image space used for boxart for each system individually. You say that Mega CD does display the UK boxart too small? I will have a look at it.

phrazelle
    Participant

It’s important to note that <maxsize> is only defining how large the image can be. If you have a smaller file, it won’t force a new size.

Ideally you would batch resize your box art with something like FastStone Photo Resizer (http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm) and then set your dimensions to your new uniform size.

You should be able to force a new size with <size> instead of <maxsize>, though you will see distortion if you are upscaling the image.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.