Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project How to generate customized gamelist XML?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LodanZark
    Participant

I have the artboxes and roms with same filename, as example “game (U).zip” “game (U).jpg” and I want generate a gamelist.xml that will link the images to the roms and keep the filename on display since I find the rom tags useful.

The question is how can I do such thing?

sselph
    Participant

I have written a scraper that could do this. The default behavior is to download metadata and use the No-Intro name and existing image if available, but you could trick it in to just generating a xml with the file name and image.

I’ll give the instructions for the rpi if you have a rpi2 just replace rpi with rpi2 in the first 2 commands. Also replace snes with whatever system you want to work with:

wget https://github.com/sselph/scraper/releases/download/v0.6.5-beta/scraper_rpi.zip
    $ sudo unzip scraper_rpi.zip scraper -d /usr/local/bin/
    $ touch /tmp/hash.csv
    $ cd ~/RetroPie/roms/snes
    $ mkdir images

Copy all your images into this images folder. The script assumes the file names will be .jpg. If you don’t want to have all your images in the rom folder you can pass the desired image path to both the -image_dir and -image_path parameters.
    $ scraper -hash_file /tmp/hash.csv -add_not_found -image_suffix=""

You will see tons of log entries about not finding any hashes. That is expected. When it is finished you should have a gamelist with just the file, image, and name which is the file name minus the file extension. I haven’t tested this but it should work.

LodanZark
    Participant

Hellow sselph, I’m am a big fan of your work!

I tried use your tool before to scrape megadrive\genesis but since my roms were in zip format, the scapper didn’t worked to detect the console, perhaps im using the wrong commands…

I’m using RPi model B and my Roms are in “/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive” folder and my images are in “/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive/”images folder, all roms are in zip format and all my images are in jpg format, plus i only wanna keep these xml tags:
    <gameList>
    <game>\
    <path></path>
    <name></name>
    <image></image>
    <rating>0.000000</rating>
    <userrating>0.000000</userrating>
    <timesplayed>0</timesplayed>
    <lastplayed>0</lastplayed>
    </game>
    </gameList>

Since I dont wanna keep the description neither the number of players =P

I’ve tried:

wget https://github.com/sselph/scraper/releases/download/v0.6.5-beta/scraper_rpi.zip
    $ sudo unzip scraper_rpi.zip scraper -d /usr/local/bin/
    $ touch /tmp/hash.csv
    $ cd ~/RetroPie/roms/megadrive
    $ mkdir images
    $ scraper -hash_file /tmp/hash.csv -add_not_found -image_suffix=""

but gives me always the error “unexpected EOF”

sselph
    Participant

I’ve gotten this report from another user with megadrive smd files inside zip files. I’ll investigate it.

sselph
    Participant

Think I found the issue. SMD are supposed to have a 512 byte header but might not always have one. I went ahead and refactored the logic for MD to simplify it and hopefully make it a little more robust. The new version is being deployed now.

LodanZark
    Participant

Thank you for your support, I will be waiting for the new version came out to give a try ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.