Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    czesiek32
    Participant

Quick question – how can I exit a game without rebooting the whole system? Perhaps there is some keyboard shortcut that does it, but I can not find it. I use retropie 3.0 on raspberry pi 1 model B+.

Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey There,
    usually the default escape button is the Esc key, but if that doesnt work you will need to add in two lines to your Retroarch.cfg file:
    input_enable_hotkey_btn =
    input_exit_emulator =
    Any Questions, Please Ask!
    AJ

czesiek32
    Participant

[quote=93831]Hey There,
    usually the default escape button is the Esc key, but if that doesnt work you will need to add in two lines to your Retroarch.cfg file:
    input_enable_hotkey_btn =
    input_exit_emulator =
    Any Questions, Please Ask!
    AJ[/quote]

Thanks for your answer! I accidentally found out that if you press ‘select’ and ‘start’ on your pad in the same time, than game exits to retropie menu :) Perhaps ‘esc’ was working in 2.X version, I’m using 3.0.

I believe it’s good idea to add this to wiki/F.A.Q. – how do you think?

herbfargus

Its already there on the wiki. They are known as hotkeys. See the bottom of this post.

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

czesiek32
    Participant

[quote=93844]Its already there on the wiki. They are known as hotkeys. See the bottom of this post.

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

[/quote]

It is there indeed – now I can see, but it’s within ‘Configuring Controllers (RetroArch)’ section, which is quite confusing. I was looking for keyboard shortcut, didn’t this that it’s possible using gamepad only :) Many thanks for your help!

herbfargus

you can have it configured to your keyboard as well.

in the setup script you can go into SETUP and then option 310- change hotkey behaviour and select option 2 Press ALT to enable hotkeys

Then you can press alt+esc to exit your emulator

czesiek32
    Participant

[quote=93868]you can have it configured to your keyboard as well.

in the setup script you can go into SETUP and then option 310- change hotkey behaviour and select option 2 Press ALT to enable hotkeys

Then you can press alt+esc to exit your emulator
    [/quote]

I’ll stay with gamepad solution, but thanks for this hint ;)

I’ve also added wiki post about this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.