Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lg416
    Participant

ESC does not work to exit game like it does on mame4all. How do you exit game on mame2003? and can you set it to exit game with ESC key?

the default mame keys work perfectly with mame4all, but I have a few roms that work better on mame2003 but I’m not sure how well mame2003 will work with ipac4. Really wish it used mame standard keys.

lg416
    Participant

somebody please tell me how to set this to exit game with ESC key lol

Floob

Do you use a joypad? If so hold down select and press Esc on the keyboard.
    If not, post your /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg on pastebin.com and link to it.

lg416
    Participant

right now I am only using a wireless keyboard. I will be using a ipac4 from ultimarc and will only have arcade controls connected. So the way to exit game is to hold select and esc at the same time? is there anyway to change it to only pressing ESC to exit?

the ipac uses standard mame shortcut by pressing P1 Start and P2 start at the same time is like pressing ESC

mame4all works like this as default, only problem is a few roms play much better with mame2003

Floob

In your retroarch file mentioned above, what values are here?

input_exit_emulator =
    input_enable_hotkey =

try setting it to

input_exit_emulator = escape
    input_enable_hotkey = nul

lg416
    Participant

how do I edit this file? with the pi connected to my network I can find this file with my windows laptop but opening it with notepad is a mess. Sorry for the stupid questions but what is the best way to open this to make changes?

Floob

If your Pi is networked you can SSH into it with Putty
    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Connect to hostname “RETROPIE” , select SSH, the l/p is pi/raspberry

Then you can edit the file with
    “sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”

lg416
    Participant

thanks so much for your help! I managed to get it working because of your info.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.