Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie How to download a patch.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    foxhound34
    Participant

So I’ve been searching for days for a way to activate 2-player keyboard mode in FBA and I finally came across this, gp2xsdk.cpp a patch that by changing line 286 from joyCount=1 to joyCount=2 would enable to player keyboard controls. That’s all well an good, but I can’t properly download the file using sudo wget it ends up being a jumbled useless mess. Please help.

dudleydes
    Participant

The link in your post is the file that needs to be amended, not the patch itself. You can create a patch file using the diff command though it may be more straightforward to apply the patch manually using the RetroPie setup script.

Before you begin, please back up your image and then run the following commands:

Get Sources

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_packages.sh pifba sources

Apply patch

sudo nano /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/pifba/rpi/gp2xsdk.cpp
    Please check the path of the file as I do not have my pi set up.

Edit line 286 as you outline in your post. Save your change.

Build and Install binary

sudo ./retropie_packages.sh pifba build install
    You shouldn’t need to configure piFBA if you already have it installed but if you do, you can run the command:

sudo ./retropie_packages.sh pifba configure
    And finally, to remove the source code folder:

sudo ./retropie_packages.sh pifba clean

foxhound34
    Participant

I did everything you suggested unfortunately it still did not work, you don’t think it had anything to do with the source code removal do you? Anyways, back to scouring the internet I suppose. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.