Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey RetroPie Community!

Does anyone know how to disable the auto-restart of Emulationstation once you exit to command line? I’ve been looking through all the forums and in RetroPie scripts but to no avail. I have tons of roms on my sd and it takes quite awhile to load and exit out of es. A lot of the times, the “press any key to exit in 5 seconds” does not work for me due to the long exiting of es. Has anyone found how to disable this? Thank you!

Floob

As a quick aside – when exiting ES, press a key then anyway, and I’m pretty sure it will remember that once it has exited ES fully. Does for me anyway!

jymihan
    Participant

It works 50/50. Sometimes it does other times it doesn’t. Anyways, thanks for the reply Floob. Love your videos! Helped me so much with setting up Retropie!
    You’re doing God’s work =)

Floob

I’ll fish out the setting you want in a min.

Floob

It looks like its this part

while [[ -z "\$key" ]]; do
        \$es_bin "\$@"
        echo "EmulationStation will restart in 5 seconds. Press a key to exit back to console."
        IFS= read -s -t 5 -N 1 key </dev/tty

which is in
    /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/supplementary/emulationstation.sh

Its the $es_bin that restarts ES, so I guess you could just take that out.
    I really need to improve my scripting to understand it better though :)

herbfargus

You could also change the 5 to 10 or 20 If you want it to take longer or as floob said you can take out $es_bin

jymihan
    Participant

Thank you Floob for finding the right script! Looking forward to your future videos. Thank you herbfargus, it looks like I can play around with the timing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.