Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scorp-ius
    Participant

Hi!

I have used the scraper to geht some boxarts an d meta data. which worked fine, but not 100%

Some images are wrong. If you have a game series like Final Fight some or all of the are named the same and have the same boxart.

now I wanted to change the boxart manually via WinSCP which works. but the name in the gameslist is still wrong. how can I easyly fix this?

a second question: I have deleted a game and its boxart, because it was just the japanese version of a game I already had in the list.

but in the list it still appears.

when I open the gamelist.xls you see a very messed up flood of data in which the corresponding datas are. but I am afraid of messing it up, when touching it.

So is there an easy way to change the name of the games and deleting them?

motorhead
    Participant

Hi! You need to edit gamelist.xml, it’s easy, don’t be afraid. First of all make a backup and take a look at the structure, all games info start with <game> and end with </game>, it’s easy to follow. You can search any game by rom name or by long name… Now you can:

-Delete a game: You need to delete all text from <game> to </game> (both lines included) of desired game. This only deletes the info of the game, the rom and the picture will be safe. For deleting files use filezilla or other FTP server.

-Edit existing game: You can edit everything, name, description, image… be careful with path, it’s where the rom is located. This is very useful for organizing, I have all pics in other directory, with search and replace you can replace all pics path faster.

-Add new game: Copy entire structure of another game and edit everything, including path and image path.

scorp-ius
    Participant

thanks ;) i tried it again and in WinSCP when I rightclick on the xml and chose “open” I get a disturbing wierd bunch of letters without any formation

but when I chose “edit” everything is fine.

unfortunately I choose open when I first tried it :P

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.