Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project How to configure controller for use in emulator

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jackyboy909
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I bought my Pi from a friend yesterday and installed RetroPie but I am having a bit of trouble.

My controller works fine in the menu but for the life of me I cant figure out how to use it in game. I have tried various tutorials but the commands I type dont ever seem to do the same as the tutorial. I have never used linux before so there could be something very basic I’m missing.

Any help would be appreciated because my Pi is basically useless to me at the moment.

Thank you in advance,

Floob

Have you tried these guides?

If so, please let me know if there are some issues and I’ll try to talk you through it. Can you let me know which controller you have?

jackyboy909
    Participant

YES! I watched your USB controller part 2 video and sorted it, thank you very much.

Now I need to work out how to use the other emulators as there’s only nes, IBM, Apple ll and mega drive showing on the menu.

I saw them in folders though when I ran startx so they’re there. Do your videos explain this? Sorry if I’m being a pain.

Your video was excellent by the way because it didn’t skip steps and assume the viewer knew what they’re doing unlike other tutorials I watched.

Floob

Thanks for your comment, glad it was helpful.
    Yes, if you watch the emulation 101 video or the how to load roms video, it will show you.

The link is in my signature.

jackyboy909
    Participant

I had already loaded roms thanks. Other emus have shown up now I’ve added the roms as well.

I’m not getting audio through HDMI, I have to use the jack output. What do I do? I have tried turning the TV first, as someone suggested, but no luck.

Floob

You could try using the RetroPie setup script – under Audio it should have an option to force audio via HDMI.

jackyboy909
    Participant

I don’t know what ‘using the setup script’ means. I only used Linux for the first time yesterday. :)

Floob

In the second video in the playlist above, I show it at about 02:30 in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.