Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I’ve registered my N64 USB controller to RetroArch using the standard method. One thing it did not map was the proprietary buttons such as the Z trigger and C directional buttons. Mupen64Plus handles this automatically but I haven’t figured out how to do this for RetroArch roms. Has anyone else been able to figure this out? I’m pretty familiar with the retropie project at this point but I can’t find anything out about this. Running retropie 2.6 on RPi2. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bump

davejaca
    Participant

I have a video that goes into this, check around the 4:40 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh0n5PWN2lI

What you need to do is access the F1 menu in the emulator, go to settings then input settings -joypad mapping. Select User 1 Bind All and go through the button assigning. It wont actually ask for n64 buttons but I can tell you that the C buttons are mapped to the right analog stick; so when it asks for Right Analog Y- (Up) you would press the C-Up key on your gamepad.

Hope this helps, let me know how you go.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.