Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project how to change the default emulators?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    patrickm
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to use Nestopia instead of Fceux for NES roms. I used the retropie setup script to install everything. I’m assuming I need to do something to the es_systems.cfg file, but I don’t know what.

herbfargus

are you using the newest update? The newest update has added functionality to be able to choose an emulator without needing to go through configuration files and whatnot.

If you update your setup script:

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    update setup script
    sudo reboot

Full Binary Install

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    full binary install
    sudo reboot

Then once it reboots again when you open up into a game you can hold down x or m and there will be a default emulator option- select that and choose the emulator of your preference.

This video at about 5 minutes shows the new functionality in use.

patrickm
    Participant

[quote=92634]There are TONS of videos explaining this kind of very simple thing. Keep looking.[/quote]

sorry man, I spent like an hour on it and I tried a solution that only worked for the old rasp pi, then I gave up and came here :P

patrickm
    Participant

[quote=92635]are you using the newest update? The newest update has added functionality to be able to choose an emulator without needing to go through configuration files and whatnot.

If you update your setup script:

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    update setup script
    sudo reboot

Full Binary Install

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    full binary install
    sudo reboot

Then once it reboots again when you open up into a game you can hold down x or m and there will be a default emulator option- select that and choose the emulator of your preference.

This video at about 5 minutes shows the new functionality in use.

<span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”><div class=”fluid-width-video-wrapper” style=”padding-top: 61.165048543689316%;”>[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM9BB9v9288?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent%5D</div></span&gt;

[/quote]

Got it working, thanks dude! Didn’t even know I had that option.

herbfargus

Glad it worked! Buzz just barely came up with that update in the last month so it’s not as commonly known at the moment. Once they come up with an official 2.7 SD image it will be part of it (and hopefully will eliminate the multiple rom folders so that there is only one folder per console rather than one folder per emulator.). It’s definitely one of the best features thus far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.