Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project How to boot after the system is put into shutdown?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    justinlarsen
    Participant

From emulation station, I hit the “Start” button which brings up the “Main Menu”. From there I goto “Quit” and then “Shutdown System” which as promised shuts down the system.

My question is, how does one start the system again? The only obvious way is power cycling the pi.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

yup, that’s it, fella

justinlarsen
    Participant

Haha, thanks pal. I guess its only function is to shutdown cleanly before turning off a power strip.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

yup, you got it fella

timsk
    Participant

To power cycle from the front of your cabinet or control box as I think maybe you are looking to do you could install a micro switch in a convenient place and connect it to the GPIO pins as people have done to make Ras Pi reset switches for Pi Camera’s. If you wanted something more than that then The Pi Supply Switch from the Pi store shuts down all the USB supply.

I made a Camera reset for a Pi timelapse camera I made. It was similar to this:

http://www.raspberry-pi-geek.com/Archive/2013/01/Adding-an-On-Off-switch-to-your-Raspberry-Pi

which can do a wake up from standby

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.