Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! How to allow permission to edit files (FTP)?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Im trying to edit the es_system.cfg file to remove the ‘.cue’ extension for the playstation emulator but when i go to save the file the ftp program tells me i dont have permission to edit the file.

I would edit it via command line but i cant seem to access the root of the sd card to access the /etc/emulationstation folder

herbfargus

You can enable root access by typing sudo passwd root and then typing your new root password and then sign into your ftp as root with your new password. Or you can access
    /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg by using sudo nano /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!

whats the best file format to have psx games in, is there one that doesnt have such large file sizes?

herbfargus

Psx games typically will run about 1/2 GB a game. (At least as far as the games I have) mine are all in bin cue format but others also work. I personally keep my psx gaming on my PC due to the large ROM size.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.