Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project How to add SKGJukebox instead of using Kodi

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nastywindbreaker
    Participant

Hi, I know Kodi can be used as a good jukebox/media player but SKG gives the system, old skool feel of a jukebox. Has anyone able to port in their script successfully ? It would be a nice addon for RetroPie Menu.

zerojay
    Participant

Point me to some source code and I’ll take a shot at it.

robertybob
    Participant
    nastywindbreaker
    Participant

Yes, perfect, this would be an awesome visually stimulating addon for music lovers.

Thanks bob for providing link to source code

zerojay
    Participant

No compilation instructions, and QT requirements which means X needs to be running as well as the huge amount of QT dependencies. I’m not touching it, sorry.

zerojay
    Participant

Meanwhile, I ported over the deadbeef music player to RetroPie. It has a GTK interface and runs in X. It will play all your music but the special thing about this player is that it can play all sorts of classic chiptune modules as well as actual game music rips from tons of different consoles. It uses actual rips of the music instructions and emulates the console’s sound chips so they sound dead on as well as being far smaller than mp3s. Entire soundtrack for a NES game: 25k, for instance.

You can find it in my repo: http://github.com/zerojay/RetroPie-Extra/

nastywindbreaker
    Participant

I have emailed the maker of SKG jukebox and hopefully he replies back …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.