Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joe

I dont know how to save/load states when i am playing a game in snes emulator.

Can i save and load state using my usb xbox 360 controller? If no, then how?

Mutex
    Participant

You can configure safestates with these lines in your retroarch config:

savefile_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/savestate
    savestate_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/savestate
    input_save_state = “9″
    input_load_state = “11″

Remember to change the button number to the corresponding button of your controller

Joe

Can you give me the path for the config file?

Any idea what is the button no. For l2 r2 for xbox 360 controller?

Francesco

the retroarch configuration file is /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    and this is button for x360 controllers LINK IMAGE

froetz

I am stuck at the same problem.
    I get a warning, that the key names 8+9 aren’t known at the startup.
    I am on Retropie 2.3 with two xbox360 controllers connected.

phane
    Participant

This solution doesn’t seem to work anymore. I’ve put the input_save_state and input_load_state commands in both all/retroarch.cfg and nes/retroarch.cfg and both seem to be ignored. I additionally tried input_save_state_btn and input_load_state_btn and those didn’t work either. I manually created the /home/pi/RetroPie/savestate directory since it didn’t exist.

I’m using a Sixaxis via BT. I managed to move A and B button binds for NES (wanted Square as B and X as A) and I and II button binds for PC Engine (they were screwed up by default, as Square = I, X = II). So I know the retroarch.cfg files in /nes and /pcengine work but save-state functionality doesn’t seem to be working.

Floob

This should help with save states

How to save games in RetroPie / RetroArch

and here is more detail on hotkeys

phane
    Participant

Thanks for that post, from that video and the thread you linked to, I found the information I needed. I didn’t know I was looking for hotkeys. So I don’t need to change any configs for save states. I just needed to know that I need to hold the select button while hitting L1 or R1 to load/save state.

dls13dls
    Participant

I have been searching and searching for a way to use a Wireless XBOX 360 controller to replace the keyboard for “Exit Back to EmulationStation”, “Save State”, and “Load State”! The video completely took all of the questions away! GREAT JOB! Now I can use the controller to do everything from start to shutdown!

Just to explain my problem further I was able to follow forums to make the XBOX controller work but couldn’t get rid of my keyboard for exiting, saving, etc…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.