Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

As the topic say I wonder how it’s possible to use the cheat function.
    I’ve searched high and low for a solution, though there are no how-to or anything like that. At least I couldn’t find it.

All I know is that I need “cheats.xml” from bSNES and this:

# Path to XML cheat config, a file which keeps track of which
    # cheat settings are used for individual games.
    # If the file does not exist, it will be created.
    # cheat_settings_path =

# Path to XML cheat database (as used by bSNES).
    # cheat_database_path =

# Cheats.
    # input_cheat_index_plus = y
    # input_cheat_index_minus = t
    # input_cheat_toggle = u

I created a folder for cheats.xml in the RetroPie folder and edited the retroarch.cfg file with the correct path, and also pointed the cheat setting path to the same directory.

But no matter what I do I can’t get it to work.
    All that happen was an error message about the XML-file couldn’t get parsed.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Saulin

Use Cheat Engine to cheat on RetroArch. It works awesome. RetroArch does not have a built-in cheat engine and I believe the Mess and bSNES cheat support is also broken.

With Cheat Engine, you can save your cheats in tables to use them later and you can assign Hot Keys to change values or Enable/Disable cheats since some games require the cheats to be turn off to proceed sometimes.

http://www.cheatengine.org

hellshand
    Participant

I know this is an older post but hopefully someones still looking at it.
    It’s mentioned to just use cheat engine for retroarch, I would love to but it’s not for linux, and there is no info about putting it on a pi. If someone has actually used CE on a raspberry pi I’d love to know how. Even more if someone has a way of setting it up with emulationstation that would be even better. I know I can install & run CE using wine, but how would I be able to get the processes that are running in emulationstation. If anyone has any info or knows where to find it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.