Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jplaj
    Participant

I got to the end of the first disk in the game I was playing, only to find out it didn’t ask me to save before switching to disk 2.

I suspect I could just use a savestate, then rename the file for the savestate to match the name of disk 2 (I haven’t tried it yet because I started having booting errors while troubleshooting), but I wanted to know if there was an easier way.

I wrote down a hotkey command for a toggle_disc_eject= and toggle_disc_next=, which means I must have seen it in a config file somewhere, but it doesn’t seem to work on my system.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am quite curious about this as well (preparing for a psx build soon). A little digging and I found this snippit from the retroarch.cfg located in ~/RetroPie/configs/psx/

# Toggles eject for disks. Used for multiple-disk games.
    # input_disk_eject_toggle =

# Cycles through disk images. Use after ejecting.
    # Complete by toggling eject again.
    # input_disk_next =

Did you uncomment these lines and add key values? It seems like you begin the process by “ejecting” the current game, cycle through the available images, and finish by using the eject toggle button again.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the psx set up yet so I can’t verify this works, but it seems pretty straight forward. Let us know if you get it working.

jplaj
    Participant

I found those when I first set up PSX, but I’ve never been able to get them to do anything. It seems hit-and-miss which functions work–I can exit the emulator, use savestates, change save state slots, and take screenshots, but ejecting/changing the disk and recording movies gets no reaction at all. I can live without the movies, but the disk swapping is a little more important.

jplaj
    Participant

Also, if it makes any difference, I’m not sure, but I don’t think the disk_eject and disk_toggle lines were in my config file when I set up the device…I may have found them somewhere else and typed them in manually. Is this possible? Could I be using an outdated version?

petrockblog
    Keymaster
    ceuse
    Participant

they closed the issue. anyone got any further with this?

gbouras
    Participant

A bit off-topic, but how can I modify the save file in Metal Gear Solid to be able to play the second disk?

proxycell
    Participant

can’t you just switch discs from the retroarch menu?

jplaj
    Participant

It turns out my problem was a bug that occurred when I upgraded an older version, which seemed to delete RGUI altogether, and I couldn’t open the menu or use hotkey shortcuts. Newer versions haven’t seemed to have this problem (although I don’t think I’ve tried it yet on the newest one…I should probably test that.)

If you’re switching disks correctly (by opening RGUI–check your hotkey commands–and using the append disk function) you should just be able to save over your old file information once you switch to the next disk.

gbouras
    Participant

[quote=91659]can’t you just switch discs from the retroarch menu?[/quote]
    I’m using the default psx emulator and since this option doesn’t exist, I’m wondering if there’s any other way to play the 2nd disk.

jplaj
    Participant

gbouras: The option should exist. Look through your config file. You should be able to set up a hotkey command to open RGUI. If you enter this command when the game prompts you to switch disks, you can find the option to “append disc,” which will let you select the next disk in sequence. Like I said, though, there have been bugs, so let us know if you can’t find the hotkey command in the config file, or if you set it up but it doesn’t work.

dragonaut92
    Participant

ok so im a total noob with any of this but what is the rgui i can’t find anything about it and how do i set something up to bring it up so i can switch discs.

jplaj
    Participant

dragonaut92: It’s Retropie’s Graphic User Interface–a menu you can bring up while playing to enter system commands. You can set it up in the config file using a hotkey function, if you’re familiar with that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.