Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Hotkeys working EXCEPT for Select+Start

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    freetz
    Participant

Hi,

first of all thanks a million for this great project, I just love it :)!
    The device works fine in all aspects, except for a strange bug regarding the Hotkey-functionality:
    I have a iBuffalo SNES-stype USB-gamepad which is detected by Retropie without any problems. All buttons work in all the games, and also all Hotkey functions work in combination with the Select button – except pressing Select and Start to exit the emulator.
    The strange thing is that both the Start and Select buttons work in their normal function in all the emulators, it’s just the combination to exit the emulator that is not working.
    I have also checked the config file to see whether Select and Start have been assigned different button IDs, which is the case.

Does anyone have an explanation why this is the case and how to fix it? That would really help and prevent filesystem corruption if I just plug the power to turn off the device.

Thanks a lot in advance,

F.

Floob

How many controllers do you have plugged into the Pi?
    Can you put on pastebin.com your controller file as well as the main retroarch.cfg file?

freetz
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I have the iBuffalo USB-gamepad connected, plus a Bluetooth dongle in case I use my PS3 sixaxis, but I haven’t used that one any longer after I got the iBuffalo.

Here are my configs:

retroarch.cfg:
    http://pastebin.com/UnFQgcZ6

USB,2-axis8-buttongamepad.cfg
    http://pastebin.com/mDuETfVy

PLAYSTATION(R)3Controller.cfg
    http://pastebin.com/AJZhb3Kq

Cheers,

F.

freetz
    Participant

Ok, I found a solution:
    In my retroarch.cfg there were these two lines at the end of the file:
    input_enable_hotkey = nul
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 12

I think I added them because I had problems with getting the Hotkey for the PS3 controller working. After disabling these two lines, I can now use the Start button as exit button for the iBuffalo.
    The strange thing is that all the other Hotkey functions were still working despite “input_enable_hotkey = nul”.
    Just for my understanding: Does the retroarch.cfg override the controller-specific configuration files? With other Linux packages, it seems to be the other way around, i.e. the more detailed config files override the system-wide ones.

Thanks again and sorry for the false alarm,

F.

Floob

This line was most likely overriding your controller file one:
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 12

The overrides can get a bit involved as there can be about 5 different ones all coming in to play with Retroarch. Check my vids below for controller and general config settings.

freetz
    Participant

Ah, okay, I’ll definitively take note of that structure next time I experiment with the settings – again, thanks a bunch for this great distribution, I just donated for the project as a little show of appreciation for the awesome work :)…

Floob

Thanks very much for your contribution.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Can’t see any donation from you btw – you sure you donated on this site ? :)

freetz
    Participant
    petrockblog
    Keymaster

it must have somehow bypassed the wordpress plugin then that manages the donations on the donations page – https://www.petrockblock.com/donations-2/ (did you donate via another route or ?) I can only see that not the actual donations that end up in paypal (not my paypal account). Nothing to worry about though.

freetz
    Participant

That’s exactly the site I went through, and I after PayPal payment I was redirected to a page thanking me for the donation etc. and also listing previous donors. I was wondering a bit why my name didn’t show up, but then thought that you would probably add them by hand. Time was 3.16pm CET, in case that helps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.