Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First things first, I have trawled the webs and this forum for 2 days and not found a direct answer to my woes!

Right, to details. I am doing a Gameboy conversion with a Raspi in, and all is going well, except that I cannot get hotkeys working. I am taking input via the GPIO which is mapped to keyboard presses, and it works great. However, I would like hotkeys working to exit games (and maybe change volume and save/load?!?).

So, after looking about, I have gone in and edited the retroarch.cfg file (in /opt/retropie/configs/all) and added the following:

input_enable_hotkey_btn = space
    input_exit_emulator_btn = enter

Space and enter are mapped to the Select & Start buttons on the Gameboy. All other settings are as default. Essentially all this does is disable me being able to exit games at all.

I then tried using the options in the retropie setup script, which allows you to set ALT to be a hotkey. Well, that works, in so far as with that enabled, on a normal keyboard to exit a game i need to hold Alt and Esc.

Clearly i’m missing something obvious, but it is the one link stopping this project from completing!!! Any ideas?

Thanks hugely in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.