Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

I am running the xinmo 2 player controller and it working great with the feederchain kernel. My question(s).

Is there a way to dedicated a button to exit the emulators without the hotkey functionality while using the hotkey for other functions?

Example

input_exit_emulator_btn = 10 (I want this to work when I press button 10 without having to hold down button 9).

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 9

I want these functions when I hold down button 9
    input_menu_toggle_btn = 1
    input_load_state_btn = 2
    input_save_state_btn = 5
    input_reset_btn = 3
    input_state_slot_increase_axis = +0
    input_state_slot_decrease_axis = -0
    input_volume_up_axis = -1
    input_volume_down_axis = +1

Put it together and I only get all these functions when the hotkey is held down.

Any ideas?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

afaik not without modifications to retroarch.

colinshare84
    Participant

I would also like to see this as an option.

My problem is that I have 2 extra buttons in my arcade machine setup. I want these to ONLY control the volume + and volume -. I have another button I can use to quit the emulator. So I want to disable input_enable_hotkey_btn in general without affecting the ability to use input_volume_up, input_volume_down and input_exit_emulator. These only seem to work when a hotkey is assigned. Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

I’ve tried:

input_enable_hotkey_btn = ” ”
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = “nul”
    #input_enable_hotkey_btn = “9”

But these all seem to disable the ability to use the volume and exit commands. I can achieve what I want with 1 button by assigning the hotkey to be the same as what I want, ie.

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “9”
    input_volume_up_btn = “9”

but this only allows me to use 1 single command rather than all 3 that I need.

I’ve even tried setting multiple input_enable_hotkey_btn, such as:

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “9”
    input_volume_up_btn = “9”
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = “10”
    input_volume_down_btn = “10”
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = “11”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “11”

…but this results in only 1 hotkey taking preference rather than all 3. Would I maybe be able to set multiple buttons for hotkeys somehow? This would allow me to use this method and achieve what I need!

Thanks for any help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.