Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jjmiller1980
    Participant

Hey I was looking into getting a Raspberry Pi and using RetroPie to emulate some old systems. I was wondering if it was possible to hot-swap controllers? I was planning to get some of the Retro-Bit USB controllers that look like the N64, Sega Genesis, or SNES controllers. I was wondering if it was possible to, say, plug in the Sega controller and play some Sonic for a while. When I was done, if I wanted to play some N64, unplug the Sega controller and plug in the N64 controller and have it work.

Do I have to set up these controllers every time, or will is there a way for it to “know” what controller is there and behave appropriately?

retchron
    Participant

They should all work as long as they are generic usb controllers. Where you might run into a problem is B and A on a NES controller might not register the same input as the X and O on the PS1 controller. If that’s the case there may be a way around it using retroarch menu, but I’m not sure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.