Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Hiss on audio when using 3.5m socket

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    raymate
    Participant

Making up a small machine cabinet and was testing with a TV HDMI and all is well.

The build uses a monitor with no sound so I have forced audio out via the 3.5 in doing so I get a hiss sound on some screen but not all. Its mainly when you should have no sound like on a menu etc.

How to fix, anyone else found this?

petrockblog
    Keymaster
    raymate
    Participant

Thank you I shall try that, just got a PI3 today so bad to installing a fresh me card and testing it out.

herbfargus

Let us know if you get the same hissing with the raspberry pi 3. supposedly they fixed it but I’d like to know if thats actually true

raymate
    Participant

Did get the hiss on fresh build on Pi3 just about to try the dither setting

herbfargus

Not sure if its the hardware or if it can be fixed with a software update and or setting change (the raspberry pi foundation seemed to allude to a future update fix)

raymate
    Participant

I can confirm the dither setting has fixed the hiss issue I was getting over 3.5mm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.