Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project [Help] Xbox 360 wired controller

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dobby
    Participant

Hello i have been trying to setup my retropie for the last 3 days now but i am getting no where.

i want to use an old wired Xbox 360 controller but no matter what i try i cannot get it to work. the only success i have had is copying a retroarch.cfg file from someone on youtube but all the controls are really stupid and in the wrong place. I have looked at hundreads of different tutorials but i’m getting sooo confused.

Does anyone know something that will help or have a file i could download and put on the pi that will have the correct keymap for xbox 360 controller.

I also plan on using two controllers so i can play against friends.

Someone help.

downup
    Participant

Plugin a Keyboard and go into your game then press F1. Go into settings/input and change everything there with your xbox360 controller.

Does the controller work in the menu? If not do you have a 360 controller for PC?

dobby
    Participant

Holding pressing f1 when a game is running does nothing.

The xbox controller works on the main menu bit and it works on my main pc etc

proxycell
    Participant

hey dobby,

have you run ./retropie_setup.sh and then the SETUP and REGISTER RETROARCH CONTROLLER

i have successfully gotten two different wired xbox 360 controllers working this way. however that will only register them for RETROARCH (libretro?) cores (emulators?)

which systems are you looking to use specifically?

sn00wman86
    Participant

Hi

I have try fix my Xbox360 Controll.

First i get Retropie To find the Xbox360 Controll But after some try to config it have been lost and the Retropie cant not find it, The drivers are install. What should i do ?

My next Question i need some help with is what do i do to get some directory i don’t have :S for a exemple

cd /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    I can come ty /opt/retropie/emulators/ but the rest i don’t have :S

Help plz this make my crazy right know :(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.