Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fjgonzalez
    Participant

Hi, I was using RetroPie through HDMI and it runs perfectly. I was using it in the living room TV because in my study TV there was no sound when using the Pi through HDMI.

Recently I moved all my gaming consoles to my study and I want to connect the Pi to my TV in there, but again, there’s no sound through HDMI, so I tried connecting it through RCA. The problems I encountered are 1) There’s a buzz in the audio and 2) The game images stretch all the way to use the whole space of the TV, which I don’t like. I want the games to have their original aspect ratio. It works perfectly through HDMI, but somehow the image gets stretched when I connect it through RCA cables.

Another issue I have is with the video quality I’m getting. The images don’t look as sharp, and look kind of washed out.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

RetroMarine
    Participant

Open up /boot/config.txt and uncomment #hdmi_drive=2 then try again using an hdmi cord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fjgonzalez
    Participant

That worked somewhat. Now I have audio through HDMI but it cuts off from time to time. Any clue how to fix that?

RetroMarine
    Participant

I think there’s another option in boot/config.txt that says something about Increasing hdmi output. I would try that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.