Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    plciula
    Participant

I’ve been looking for a way to do this, on the internet and this blog specifically, but I couldn’t find a way.

I would like to setup the code for emulation station to have a universal button to boot back to emulation station. Hopefully, I would like this button to work for everything except for duke nukem.(including commmodore and scummvm) I have a dismantled keyboard that hooks up to a pushbutton to stimulate the escape key. I appreciate any help I can get.

hacha-dorada
    Participant

You need to explore the retroarch.cfg files (RetroPie/configs/…) for each of the emulators. You will options for setting functions such as quitting the emulator, saving your game, and more.
    You have to take into account some things. First, not all emulators work through the Retroarch core, so you will have to search for said emulators config files in the folder system to try to set up the desired functions. Second, if you don´t want all emulators that run through Retroarch to use the same key for quitting, then you will have to modify the individual cfg files for each emulator (or at least, the differential ones).
    Also, search around the forum, there is definitely a lot of threads about this subject.

plciula
    Participant

I want to use the “escape key” to exit each emulator, but when I followed your instructions, it didn’t work. It might be that I’m using the wrong syntax.

I used:
    esc
    escape
    “esc”
    “escape”

Are any of those correct? Or is there some other way of writing non-letter keybaord keys?

hacha-dorada
    Participant

have you tried with:
    input_exit_emulator = escape
    ?

plciula
    Participant

Great, that worked! Turns out I had another setting conflicting with it: I had set my Start and Select buttons to exit to ES and didn’t remove it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem.
    Now I know how to bind the escape key to exit the emulators.
    But I also want to remove the Start and Select buttons to exit the emulators.
    And how can I do it?

Thanks for your help

hacha-dorada
    Participant

We would need to see your input bindings file. What you can do is identify the ID (it’s a number) of your start and select buttons and check in the file what are they bound to.
    Or, check all the binding lines to see what are the “exit” “reset” and commands of the sort bound to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.