Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project HELP with an old VGA monitor game console project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tommymsw
    Participant

I built a sweet tabletop console around this old Acer monitor I had laying around.

Now, if I start retrope plugged into my flatscreen TV and then plug the Acer monitor in while it is running, it all works great (so I know it can in theory work). ES runs off the screen a little, but the emulators fit the screen perfectly. And on restart, all the screen code fits the ration correctly.

But if I start the Pi while hooked up to the Acer, I get “resolution not supported” on the Acer. I am guessing because retropie starts running in a resolution that is too high? Now I know it is not the Pi because if I have Openelec on it, it boots to the Acer fine.

So is there a way to make retropie default to VGA? And a lower resolution? I don;t even get the start screen code when starting on the Acer so it must be set to a high resolution right from startup? But then goes back down in emulationstation?

I have a Pi2 and running retropie 3.

tommymsw
    Participant

YES! I figured it out….

Edit sudo nano /boot/config.txt
    scroll down and uncomment
    hdmi_group=1
    and
    hdmi_mode=1

(I think that’s what they said)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.