Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys!

I just switched over to PiSNES as my default SNES emulator in RetroPie and it runs SO much better than PocketSNES! But I was wondering…Is there any way to edit the .cfg to have the screen display in 4:3? I’ve edited the line to tell the emulator to maintain aspect ratio, and it DOES, but it displays in nearly 1:1. The RetroArch emulators I have all running at 1.33 which displays in true 4:3 aspect but I can’t figure out how to get PiSNES to do it. Any advice there would be hugely appreciated!

Also, is there a way to set up a hotkey like in RetroArch? I uses a SNES replica controller which has exactly 8 buttons so I don’t have any extra to assign for exiting the emulator, saving and loading, etc. Is the hotkey feature available in PiSNES?

Thanks so much!

okapi
    Participant

I have the same problem. Tried disabling overscan, but it doesn’t seem to do much. Ideally I’d want a 4:3 picture as well.

typh0id
    Participant

I have settled for running the emulator in full screen and then manually flipping my TV over to 4:3. Its not ideal, as I would prefer to have the emulator do it manually so I don’t have to keep switching back and forth, but it’s better than nothing I suppose :)

I DID manage to get the hotkey function working (though I’m not entirely sure how I did it :P ) but I am having trouble getting the second controller to work properly. I cut and pasted a second copy of the controller mapping in snes9x.cfg for controller 1 (JS0) and renamed it to (JS1) but PiSNES seems to be having trouble understanding my second controller. The face buttons and d-pad seem ok but Start and Select don’t respond at all and some games (such as Super Mario World) don’t seem to recognize there even IS a second controller (SMW auto defaults to 1 controller hotseat mode). Even more oddly, when I have the second controller mapped in the config, the button assignments seem to have changed (in game) on my first controller. I have a feeling the two are conflicting with each other somehow in the cfg file but I’m not sure what exactly the issue is.

straytachyon
    Participant

typh0id, can you please post your snes9x.cfg? I created one in the pisnes directory (the executable) but doesn’t seem to work. It wouldn’t recognize my PS3 controller’s input (over bluetooth)

Thanks

typh0id
    Participant

Oddly enough, when I started messing around with PiFBA I noticed it used the same type of configuration file as PiSNES so I copied and pasted the second controller mappings from FBA to SNES and everything is working just fine now! :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.