Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Help pairing bluetooth keyboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    redfarmer
    Participant

Hi

I need assistance in pairing my bluetooth keyboard to RetroPie. I go to:

RetroPie Setup
    3 Setup / Configuration (to be used post install)
    303 Configure bluetooth devices
    1 Register and connect to bluetooth device

At this point i have already pushed the pair button on the keyboard.

It now finds the keyboard and i select it.

Now, options are:

1 DisplayYesNo
    2 KeyboardDisplay

But, no matter which i choose the process always times out with an error like:

“Did not receive reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply” and so on…

I do understand that the setup wants me to do something with the keyboard to confirm the pairing, but what?? What do the 1 and 2 options mean? How can i proceed?

RetroPie version: 3.2.1
    Keyboard: Rapoo E6350.
    Blutooth dongle: LogiLink (which works fine with my PS3 controller)

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

redfarmer
    Participant

Bump :)

Can anyone share how they paired their bluetooth keyboard? I’ve seen some manual guides floating around (not RetroPie specific but for Rapsberry in general) but they all differ and i’m afraid to screw up my otherwise working setup.

Thanks.

gizmo98
    Participant

I fear bluetooth pairing does not work if ps3 driver is installed. Disable sixad with “sudo service sixad stop” and try to pair again.

redfarmer
    Participant

Thank you! Does that mean i can stop the sixad service, pair the keyboard, start the service and have both working or does it mean i can’t use them together at all?

How do i start the service again? ‘sudo service sixad start’ or maybe reboot?

redfarmer
    Participant

It took a while before i had time to try your suggestion but it worked great!

What i did was:

1. pi@retropie ~ $ sudo service sixad stop
    2. Paired my bluetooth keyboard
    3. pi@retropie ~ $ sudo service sixad start

After this i just connected the PS3 controller and had both working simultaneously. It would be nice to be able to use both the controller and keyboard in emustation aswell as the RetroPie setup but not a big deal.

Many thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.