Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Help Exiting Genesis/MegaDrive Games and Screen Resolution for PSX

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Hello,

I am currentally running version 2.3 on a B+ and everything is almost perfect.

The only remaining issue I have is that I can not exit Genesis/MegaDrive games with the select+start buttons like I can in NES and SNES. From looking around I have gathered that the RetoArch.cfg button layouts do not apply to this emulator because it uses DGEN which is seperate. However I am unsure as to how I go about either editing just the DGEN controls or getting DGEN to recognise the RetroArch.cfg button mapping.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this? I am using the SNES Buffalo USB Controllers if this helps.

The other issue I have is when I load up Playstation games my screen resolution changes and the picture goes out of bounds.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Can anyone help with the above? It seems sometimes I can exit but once I do exit Genisis/MegaDrive the system freezes. This never happens with SNES or NES.

I’m at a loss of what to do.

Floob

If you put the roms in the megadrive rom folder it will use the picodrive retroarch core. The megeadrive-dgen folder uses dgen emulator.

Although thats on RetroPie 2.4.x the 2.3 version only has the picodrive/retroarch option.

Do you have any extra settings in your megadrive retroarch config file?

I cover some hotkey settings here:

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Hello Floob,

Thank you for providing this. I dont know how I missed it, I thought I had seen all your videos.

I will check everything again whist watching the video and update this post, hopefully with a “Yay this worked”.

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

I tried the above video and I was stuck with the same issue. I have since moved to Version 2.4.2 and am not encountering the problem anymore. I would guess that I messed something up along the way in my 2.3 install and have had a better (more experianced) install on 2.4.2.

Thank you Floob.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.