Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Help configuring controller under lr-mupen64plus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gusgmb
    Participant

Hi.

I am trying to make my Retrolink N64 USB clone work under libretro n64, but I’m having some problems.

I copied retroarch.cfg from configs/all to configs/n64. I want to do a completely different configuration for n64. The problem is I can’t figure out how to setup the C-buttons or the Z.

There is not a input_player1_z_btn or input_player1_cdown_btn, and I don’t know if the emulator reads the c-butons as l2 or l3 or something like that.

Also, when I press B the emulator displays a message saying Control: Alternate or Control: Default and I can’t stop ir or disable control mode switching.

Any help?

brunchero
    Participant

In the libretro code there is a descriptor, which I’d expect explains the internal mapping, after line 70:
    https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/blob/master/mupen64plus-core/src/plugin/emulate_game_controller_via_libretro.c

L2 should be the Z-Trigger then, and R2 could switch between “C-Stick” and “C-Buttons” (A,B,X,Y) mode.

Controls Default looks like to be what is configured. Should be on SELECT. Instead, Controls Alternate appears to define a ROM-specific mapping.

gusgmb
    Participant

Thanks for the hints brunchero. I’ll run some tests and post the results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.