Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Fixed! 4 min wait after Emulationstation F4

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    iesposta
    Participant

Hopefully someone can help.
    After quitting EmulationStation with F4, there is a 4 1/2 minute wait until the $ prompt comes up.
    Any suggestions on what to try?
    Info: Linux retropie 3.18.7-v7+
    Raspberry Pi 2

Works great, except exiting to the prompt gets longer and longer!

Edit: Deleating /home/Pi/.emulationstation/gamelists/atari2600/gamelist.xml fixed the 4 1/2 minute wait.

cacophony555
    Participant

How many systems and roms do you have in your setup? There’s a known issue with emulation station 2 where a large number of system/roms causes massive slowdowns in various ways. Here’s some more info: https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/issues/191

iesposta
    Participant

I guess that could be the problem, but it is not startup. Everything starts up in under 40 seconds from plug-in.
    I’ve barely set up Intellivision and Turbografx 16. Atari 2600 has 5,000 ROMs though.

iesposta
    Participant

What / where is the xml file that gets scraped, so I can delete it and start over.

cacophony555
    Participant

I would try moving (or deleting) your gamelist.xml and roms for the 2600 and see if that helps.

The gamelist.xml should be in .emulationstation/atari2600 (or atari2600-libretro if you used the retroarch emulator instead).

So I would:

1. Quit Emulation Station
    2. Move the gamelist.xml somewhere else so it won’t be read
    3. Move your 2600 roms somewhere else
    4. Restart Emulation Station, verify that the 2600 doesn’t show up anymore, and then see if the issue goes away

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.