Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lolerzz
    Participant

Hi guys, first of all Hello to everyone as this is my first post on this site. I’ve stumbled upon really annoying issue with RetroPie. I’m using HDMI output and I found out that every emulator draws games a little off screen. I found solutions if this happened on composite but it does on hdmi. I can’t really adjust my TV because even if I change to 4:3 it’s still not showing full game and cuts few pixels from sides. Anyone had this problem and/or know how to deal with it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, assuming you’re on Raspbian – try:

sudo raspi-config
      Select option 8 Advanced Options
      Select A1 – Overscan
      Select Enable (or Disable)
      Reboot

Or run:

sudo nano /boot/config.txt
      Look for or add “disable_overscan=” and set it to 0 or 1
      Save & reboot

Lots more overscan options in there as well as required.

lolerzz
    Participant

Tried this method, doesn’t seem to do a thing. This basically resizes splash screen and games are still off screen a little.

kitchuk
    Participant

You could go into es_systems.cfg and change the run command for you emulators from 1 to 2. That should fix it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lolerzz
    Participant

[quote=4287]You could go into es_systems.cfg and change the run command for you emulators from 1 to 2. That should fix it.
    [/quote]

Where can I find this file?

Also I have another pretty major issue – PSX emulation seems really good for most games but I have problems with castlevania – symphony of the night. It worked well but I had to reformat card and now the sound is cracking sometimes, it’s really irritating and makes it impossible to enjoy the game to it’s fullest. It was working well on non-overclocked raspberry before and now sound is cracking even on overclocking. Any ideas?

kitchuk
    Participant

If your browsing the folder with your pi in x windows it would be in a hidden file called .emulationstation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.