Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Has anyone seen the Orange Pi?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zanie420
    Participant

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orange-Pi-PC-linux-and-android-mini-PC-Beyond-Raspberry-Pi-2/32448079125.html

For $15, this looks amazing. It is apparently compatible with the Raspberry Pi image…. I wonder if it would work with Retropie?

herbfargus

Has a power switch and a mic… But only 3 USB hubs. Looks very interesting. I don’t know if I’d trust it coming from china… But if you’re willing to drop $18 on it I’d be intrigued if it worked.

Likelihood is some of the drivers may not work as the processor is different and there may be some incompatibilities but I could be wrong.

zanie420
    Participant

After some research it would appear that the Allwinner chip is grossly unsupported and many of these boards are collecting dust on people’s shelves, too bad

Omnija
    Participant

For 15$ i’d buy it. As to why nobody is willing to tinker with it, is a tragic.

gizmo98
    Participant

It is not software compatible. It has an allwinner H3 with four Cortex A7 cores and a MALI GPU. Don’t know if there is a debian image with good gpu support. I doubt it. Linux sunxi based allwinner images are not as good as raspbian. Bad GPU support. Bad full HD performance. No resolution switching during runtime. X must run to get GLES support. Bad default settings and so on.

So you have a cheap board with no software support best used for headless tasks like file server or router.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.