Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Has anyone gotten berryboot to work on Retropi 3.5 on rpi2?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ssphaneuf
    Participant

I’ve tried several time to get berry boot to work on my rpi2. I’ve downloaded the berryboot from thy download section on 3 separate occasions thinking that maybe the file was corrupted. I’ve noticed it’s a .img256 file. I’ve tried to extract it with 7zip and have gotten tons of errors and not been able to boot after. I’ve tried to convert it to .iso with no success. I’m not really sure what to do next. I did comb threw the forums looking for an answer without any real answers. I’m hoping someone can either point me in the right direction or explain to me what i’m doing wrong. Thanks -Scott P

mindparadox
    Participant

hi there, you actually need to download berryboot, its a separate thing :)

once you hace berry boot, unzip it to your sd/microsd card, and put the retropie berryoot image on a usb stick, just copy it like it is, don’t expand it or anything

boot your pi, youll be in a windows with a bunch of preselected oses, close the window :P
    you are now looking at a window that has a button in the top left that says “load OS” left click and hold on it till the menu pops up, stick your usb stick in and choose “load os from usb stick” viola, retropie 3.5 with berryboot :)

incidentally, you can actually use an external hard drive(or usb stick) with the rpi2 provided you are using at least a 2 amp power supply, and it will auto install retropie to the hard drive/usb

so far, its a bit faster runnin off the ssd I’m using, and of course, I get access to some really ridiculous drive sizes(for like, say, ALL of the dos games :P)

enjoy!

ssphaneuf
    Participant

I still couldn’t get it to work. I’m such a noob with linux. Thanks for your response though :). I’m going to keep working on it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.