Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Has anyone got Basilisk II and mac roms to work on RPie2?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    snooderific
    Participant

I’ve run into an issue with the Mac emulator/Basilisk II. When I open it, all I get is a blinking folder with a question mark. Previously it used to not even open the emulator, and say “ERROR: Cannot open ROM file.” But I followed the other forums, and renamed “PERFORMA.ROM” to “mac.rom,” and it starts up to this spot. I’ve really been enjoying this project, and so far I’ve been able to solve most of my RPie2 puzzles except for this one. Is there another step I’m missing to be able to open my old mac roms?

cacophony555
    Participant

I had similar issues getting this to work.

Try the startup image and rom that are linked on this page:
    http://www.redundantrobot.com/sheepshaver-tutorial/

You’ll have to rename both of them and move them to the places that are referenced in es_systems.cfg

snooderific
    Participant

That worked! I’m on the mac desktop now. Now all I’ve got to figure out is how to get my roms working. :) Thanks for your time.

cacophony555
    Participant

Nice, glad to hear it worked! Notice that you can access the entire linux filesystem from the mac desktop, so assuming your roms are compatible you should be able to launch them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.