Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Green screen Gameboy

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dccelly
    Participant

I’m not sure if its an overlay or a shader or whatever you call it. How do I get the good old original DMG Gameboy green color with lr-gambatte? Honestly, I don’t understand why it isn’t in the first place. I mean, all my Gameboys were green/yellow, not black and white.
    The Wiki is incorrect and based on the older version of RetroArch and it seems to be aimed at just colorization. Any help would be cool, thanks.

herbfargus

The wiki only mentions colourisation with is different than shaders and overlays. Completely diff settings.

dccelly
    Participant

I understand that, even pointed that out. But take a look at the wiki anyway for setting up colorisation. Its outdated for setting it up. Those settings are now under the quick menu, core options.

herbfargus

I’ll adjust it when I have some time. It’s a wiki though which means anyone can contribute to it so I wouldn’t be offended if you beat me to it.

quicksilver
    Participant

[quote=115472] Honestly, I don’t understand why it isn’t in the first place. I mean, all my Gameboys were green/yellow, not black and white.
    [/quote]

You are correct that the original Game Boy screen was yellow and black, however when the Game Boy Pocket version came out they upgraded the screen to black and white. Not trying to pick on you, just figured I would point that out ;)

gizmo98
    Participant

I added default green/yellow colorization after rp3.4 release. Update RetroPie-Setup and do a source based installation of lr-gambatte. Gameboy classic custom palette should be green yellow then.

jeffdamann
    Participant

There is a gameboy shader under handheld that looks like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/hi-ban/retroarch_DMG_3x_shader_zps545e6137.png

gizmo98
    Participant

There is one but all good looking gameboy shaders are slow. :-(

Floob

Heres an older thread on the subject:

GameBoy Shaders?

dccelly
    Participant

Thanks for the responses everyone, I’m home now and can give it a go again. I’ll update and see what I missed.

Oh and quicksilver, I know what the Gameboys looked like man, I have a few that I keep around to LSDJ on.

[attachment file=”image.jpeg”]

dccelly
    Participant

Marked as resolved. Thanks again herb, gizmo and floob. Working as intended.

[attachment file=”image.jpeg”]

smartroad
    Participant

[quote=115530]Marked as resolved. Thanks again herb, gizmo and floob. Working as intended.

[/quote]

What settings did you use? :)

dccelly
    Participant

Update the RetroPie-Setup script then do a source install of the lr-gambatte. Reboot and by default it should launch in the pea soup green.

dustloop
    Participant

You beautiful people!

In time do you think something could be put into place where correct aspect ratios, correct filters color pallettes etc could be put into a outside source like the RP-Video-Manager so then if people want an auto setup sort of thing they can.

smartroad
    Participant

[quote=115539]Update the RetroPie-Setup script then do a source install of the lr-gambatte. Reboot and by default it should launch in the pea soup green.

[/quote]

Didn’t change anything for me :( Best I have been able to get is a yellow/green. Ah well tis enough :)

dustloop
    Participant

I just did mine and it looks AMAZING!!! So good to play in that green color!

Try again smartroad :D

I did Update Script>Install individual emulator>lr-gambette>source

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.