Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project GPSP (GBA emulator) not detecting usb d-pad

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using a Hyperkin usb snes mockup controller
    (http://hyperkin.com/nintendo/snes/hyperkin-pixel-art-controller-for-pc-mac-computers.html)

and everything is smooth sailing for the most part, except in the GBA emulator.

As far as I can tell, the issue arises from the dpad of this controller defaulting to axes 3 and 4, (x and y respectively). retroarch-joyconfig as well as the joystick utility confirm this.

So far, I’ve tried the in-emulator button binder to no success and edited rpi.c at lines 151 and 155, making

event.jaxis.axis==0 –> event.jaxis.axis==3
    event.jaxis.axis==1 –> event.jaxis.axis==4

also to no effect. I’m at my wits’ end here! I really don’t wanna dig into the hex codes of gpsp.cfg >.<

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

unashamedly bumping this, I really need help here!

Jetset125

I too am having trouble with this gamepad. It is not being recognized in the F10 menu when trying to remap, and it works fine in other emulators. The controller shows up as a USB Wheel in Emulation Station.

Any suggestions?

morias
    Participant

I think gpsp doesn’t work with the dpad on most controllers. Having said that I wished it did.

EnigmaCurry

I’m using an xbox controller and this is fixable by using the –dpad-as-button option with xboxdrv. The only problem is that this remaps ALL the button numbers on the controller, so you have to remap all the buttons for the rest of the emulators too.

This may not be helpful since you’re not using an xbox controller, but I thought I’d mention it since this was the first result in google for my problem.

K-Project
    Participant

Bumping for help!

Did anyone find a solution to this issue? I’m using a Hori Gem Pad for PS3, which works perfectly once set in all other emulators except GPSP. It will only recognise the left analogue stick for control. Normally I wouldn’t mind too much but for some reason it is extremely sensitive, making navigating the GPSP menu a nightmare.

Thanks all.

ppino
    Participant

Hello,

This is an issue for me also. Has anyone found a solution for this problem or any alternatives (besides using an Xbox 360 controller)?

Thanks!

tunit959
    Participant

The official PS4 pad also has issue with mapping the dpad in GPSP. Everywhere else it works perfectly. The stick is good enough for me, but I’d really like the option for platformers in the future. It’s not as much of a concern for RPGs like Pokemon though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.