Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all,

I’ve been working on getting my gpsp control scheme setup and I’ve run into a snag. I’ve already made sure the BIOS works and used the gpsp setup utility located in ..\emulators\gpsp, I’m just having difficulty setting up an escape key for my controller. I’m using a SNES controller that I converted to USB using a teensy. It’s set to be read as a keyboard and output the keys mapped to the buttons. The issue is that gpsp provides a menu function for a gamepad, but not in the keyboard scheme! I looked at the .cfg file that I believe was created by the utility, but I just see nonsense (using nano to edit).

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to setup an escape key? I’m pretty sure that gpsp isn’t using a retroarch core, so using that .cfg wouldn’t have any effect would it? Thanks for the help.

gizmo98
    Participant

You cannot configure an escape key. You can only open the menu with “select” + “R1” and select exit emulator.

rngeezus
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, although that’s a bit disappointing. The issue is that I can’t use the select+R1 feature because my gamepad is read as a keyboard input and gpsp only features the escape command for gamepads, unless I’m missing something..?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.