Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project gpsp bios issue – access denied??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    neosage
    Participant

Getting access denied when I attempt to put the GBA bios into the correct directory. It will allow me to put the roms in the correct directory. I’ve attempted to add a user and give them sudo and admin privileges, and that doesn’t work. Any advice or assistance? I’ve spent upwards of 7 hours on this in the last two days!

Thanks.

smatticus
    Participant

2 things you can try. You can make yourself the owner of the folder by using the chown command so its sudo chown pi:pi /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp and that will let you post files via cyberduck or wincsp or the startx desktop OR you can place the bios file in your /roms folder and then use the mv command to move the file so sudo mv home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba/gbabios /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp

smatticus
    Participant

Stupid emojis, its “:pi” after the first pi in the chown command

neosage
    Participant

Thanks. Worked for me with this addition: sudo chown pi:pi /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi

Now to get the controls to work for SNES and GBA, I think that’s all that’s left.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.