Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    flynnsarcade
    Participant

Hello! Thanks to the help of this forum my cabinet is up and running!

Here is where I’m struggling now if anyone has some suggestions:

I’m using a “USB Interface PCB Kit for PC”- (amazon.com) and raspberry pi only recognizes the device as 1 input. This becomes a problem with the P2 joystick controls. Retropie recognizes the additional buttons on the P2 as 10-16 but Player2 up, down, etc come up as Player1 up, down etc in the game. I’m assuming this is a driver issue, but don’t know enough about drivers to fix this/don’t think there is one available online.

I was able to work around this by changing the physical connections for buttons 10-16 to up, down, left, right, and A/B… so player 2 can now move correctly and use 2 buttons…. But i built a control panel with 6 buttons per player! >.<

Is there a way to take my remaining 4 button connections that aren’t connected to anything, connect them to the GPIO on the raspberry pi itself, and then map those buttons to the correct controls in retropie? Does anyone have a forum post or walk through to do this?

Thanks so much!!

flynnsarcade
    Participant

Would another option be to unhook all of my player 2 pins from the USB interface, and use the GPIO as the 2nd player controller?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.