Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all, I’ve been on the site for a while and after looking at all the clever projects I figured I would tried my own.

I’m currently working on modding a Pi into a PSX case with the controller ports wired to the GPIO. Everything is working well except for getting the controllers working on startup.

gamecon driver is installed and jstest confirms that both controllers are working. All emulators (NES, SNES, Genesis, PSX, GBA, etc.) work with the controllers.

The issues is, every boot I have to ssh into the console and run the modprobe command to get my controllers mapped and working. (The exact command is modprobe gamecon_gpio_rpi map=0,0,0,0,7,7 – I’m on a B+) I’ve added that line to the file /etc/modules, but its back to square one at every reboot. Any thoughts on why the module doesn’t load?

brakanje
    Participant

I think you need to add it to your start-up script. Unlike windows you cant just put stuff in a certain folder and have it autorun.

On a side note is there any chance maybe you could help me figure out my own wiring? I’m not really experienced with wiring beyond splicing a usb head onto an xboxC controller.

brakanje
    Participant

/etc/rc.local insert your commands before exit 0 but after fi and put a sleep 1 between each command.

ozmotear
    Participant

Thanks, That seems to have done the trick.

Funny enough I tried that at some point during my troubleshooting, but because I had my controllers improperly wired together, the cursor would move two selections at a time. I never thought to reapply it after fixing things.

Someone needs to add that to the game_con documentation. All resources point to modifying etc/modules.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.