Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I apologise from the off, I am very much an amateur when it comes to electronics, as you will tell with my photos.

I have purchased on of your adapters, thank you, and i have soldered (poorly) all the parts. I have wired it up correctly as best as I can tell and installed SNESDev. I note that Snesdev is running as even when I have no gamepads connected, it shows up as 2 gamepads detected in Emulationstation.

HOwever, no gamepads are recognised when buttons are pressed. If I Jtest them, still nothing. The axis number does not move from -32767

I have no idea how to even test the button on the adapter, I did apologise earlier!

Ive attached some photos for your perusal. I have extended the cables as the ribbon you provided is a little on the short side!

goobatroopa
    Participant

Wouldnt let me post both pictures on the first post for some reason, so ive added it on a reply.
    Wired to controller ports

goobatroopa
    Participant

I did notice that I had the crimp connector on the wrong way so I changed this round, but still no go.

I’m running 3.0 beta 4 on a Pi 2. Currently I’m only able to use a PS3 controller on it.

– Built from SD image
    – Installed SNESDev from source and in retropie to see if that worked, alas it didn’t.
    – GPIO adapter installed using instructions on PetRockBlock.
    – original snes controllers being used.
    – adapter is wired up to original snes controller board pins.

goobatroopa
    Participant

Ok I have re soldered the board again as the first effort was poor to say the least and YAY! I have one controller working!

Well at least it shows up in JTEST and works on the retroarch controller setup.

My only issue now is that the second controller is not being picked up by Jtest or the retroarch setup.

Any ideas?

goobatroopa
    Participant

OK, I have the second one working now, so fingers crossed my SnesPi is almost complete.

Thanks for the help……………

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.