Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

One thing that would make retropie awesome is a port of the N64 game Goldeneye. I think there would be a lot of support for this title and the N64 emulator is glitchy when I try to run it. Honestly I don’t really care too much about the rest of the N64 titles (maybe perfect dark is an exception). But to me it would make sense to offer goldeneye as a port like quake as I feel it was the most epic N64 game ever made.

redhalo
    Participant

That’s not how ports work. The Quake source code had been released and made public for some time for people to make ports of. Goldeneye isn’t and likely never will be.

ronoh55
    Participant

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads

That’s the closest thing I could find to a port of Goldeneye. It requires steam so it won’t run on the pi though :(

MRKane
    Participant

There were a couple of half-baked mods in Quake and the original Half-Life (for the Dreamcast of all things) and while the guys over at ShootersForever have come a long way understanding what’s going on with the game I really doubt there’ll ever be a port as such. Given the nature of N64 hardware emulation for it is likely to say in the “just good enough” bracket also – but goldeneye does run on the Pi 2 and a custom control scheme makes it very playable!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.