Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    pmurch
    Participant

I’m on the latest Pi 2 image, with updated emulators, and can’t seem to make anything run on GNGEO. I have the bios in the /opt/retropie/emulators/gngeopi/neogeobios folder.

Every single rom exits with “can’t init <rom>” with no other details. Many of these roms work in mame4all, fba, etc, but wanted to try another option for those that don’t.

Not really sure what to try next! Ideas?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

bios need to be in the same folder as the roms

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/GnGeo-Pi

pmurch
    Participant

I’ve tried that too, same result. Other ideas?

pmurch
    Participant

Piped output out to a log, also found the line before says “can’t load <rom>”. Really not sure what’s wrong here.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

maybe you have the wrong files ? I know it works, as I was using it two days ago. I only copied neogeo.zip and some games to the roms folder.

pmurch
    Participant

Not sure… I can take a working metal slug and neogeo.zip from my mame folder and get this result.. Same with any other rom…

Anything to do to diagnose? I updated binaries thru the setup menu too, same result.

Floob

Use the 0.138 roms.
    I’m going to do an in-depth guide on MAME and gngeo very soon – personally I find gngeo is better at running SNK roms than FBA.

pmurch
    Participant

You nailed it. Wrong rom version.
    Working great now.

Next question though, is there any way to control overscan in this emu? On my arcade cab’s CRT it isn’t filling the whole screen (by about an inch on each side).

All the other Emu’s are fine tuned just right, so I don’t really want to tweak the config.txt. Anything similar to the “border” config option in mame4all that I can add to gngeorc?

Floob

I dont think so, these are the only ones I’m aware of:
    https://github.com/ssilverm/PiMAME/blob/master/.gngeo/gngeorc

pmurch
    Participant

Ah that’s too bad. Thanks for the help!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you could use another neogeo emulator? :)

pmurch
    Participant

Yeah, trying to figure out the best emu options.

I just really wish there was one mame emu that played everything and allowed per game control configs!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.