Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project gngeo-0.7 Uknow or unsup. romset

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Golgfag
    Participant

Hi,

First time, thanx for this project and sorry for my bad english.

I try to start neogeo emulator, i put roms in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo/”game”.zip

i put and extract neogeo.zip bios in folder /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gngeo-0.7/neogeo-bios/

And when launch roms in emulstation i have error ” Unknow or unsupported romset”…

I use Retropie Image.

Thx for help.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I also had and still have problems with this as well. I had to to try out some different BIOS archives and various ROMs until I found “supported” versions. The universal BIOS and Metal Slug 1 and 3 work for me.

HerSo
    Participant

Hi, i have the same problem too, but I onli can play to 3 or 4 games, Metal Slug 1,2,3,5 don’t go but the 4th runs fine, I have a romset with all roms, but I can game to MS4, Blazing Star, Bomberman, and no much games goes, I think the problem is caused by archives names, I renamed an archive for made it runs, sorry by my poor english, I think we need to rename to correctly names but they doesn’t has listed, how I can know the names of archives??

Maybe if We can access to name of archives can we run a lot of games,^^

thanks for all!!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Does the wiki at http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GnGeo2x contain helpful information for us as well? It seems as if there also some compatibility lists for GnGeo-0.7. Information about BIOS files handling are also provided.

HerSo
    Participant

Thanks petroblock for you info, i go to make a tes renaming files and I comment later^^

HerSo
    Participant

Runs more games, I’m searching but are games in wiki puts working but doesn´t start, i rename roms with te same name, but are games puts come to 2 archives or any for style, later i will rename all of them an make more tests, onli kof runs to me is 98, don’t last blade and more games to it says run… maybe are names, but kofs are in the same name, maybe i need another rom version??
    thanks a lot!!

Jonathan Lundström
    Participant

I’m experiencing this very same issue but in my case no neogeo games will run. I’ve tried several BIOS and they all give me the same message. “Unknown or unsupported romset” when I try to launch a game. What can I do?

Anyone with a working romset who’d care to share privately? :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.