Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Getting the PS3 controller to work via bluetooth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    viralriver
    Participant

I just bought a bluetooth adapter for my Pi with the intention of getting my PS3 controller to work. I went to the retopie_setup.sh script and went to setup my ps3 controller. My bluetooth adapter recognises it when I hold the PS button down, the lights flash 1, 2, 3, 4, then all at once and then they disappear and it rumbles for a few seconds. However, I can’t get it to see my input in any of the emulators (I configured everything via the Retroarch config script (so if I plug it in via usb it does work). I have a feeling that after the controller gets connected it then disconnects as I saw the following message in the terminal the first time I connected:

bad sixas buffer (out of battery?)

and some other stuff that I didn’t note down. Anyone know what the issue is?

doanerock
    Participant

I would also like some updated documentation on how to par the PS3 controller using blue tooth.

I used to have it working great where once you pushed the PS button all the lights would blink until it paired with the retropie at which time it would light up the number that the controller was and do a quick shake, which I like the call the happy shake because the controller was happy that it paired properly.

I have noticed that there have been a new menu added to retropie for installing the PS3 driver, but the paring does not work.

Please update the documentation when retropie is updated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.